Information of the 35th case infected with Covid-19 and updated news on two British patients with Covid-19 in Da Nang city Type a message
The Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Da Nang city provided information about patient N. T. T. N and updated information on the two British people with Covid-19 in Danang city:
- PATIENT N. T. T. N
- Patient’s information
- Full name: N. T. T. N. Gender: female. Born in 1992
- Occupation: Customer Assistant at Dien May Xanh Supermarket (07 Nguyen Van Linh, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City).
- Address of residence: K408/78 Hoang Dieu, Binh Thuan ward, Hai Chau district (lived with husband’s family).
2. Process of exposure
- Around 6pm – 7pm on March 4, patient N had communicated with 02 British patients at Dien May Xanh Electronics Supermarket who visited to buy a sim card in about 10 minutes. The patient then continued to work there until 10pm before returning her residence.
- In the mornings from 5 to 7 March 2020, patients took her child to her parents’ house at 62 Binh Thai 1, Group 43, Hoa Tho Dong Ward, Cam Le District and went to work.
- On March 5, the patient worked at Dien May Xanh Supermarket from 7am to 12:30pm. At 1pm, the patient attended a meeting at The Gioi Di Dong Center (325 Dien Bien Phu, Hoa Khe ward, Thanh Khe district) with another 40 participants.
- In the morning of March 6, patients showed symptoms of dry cough so she took a rest at the residence. From 3pm to 10pm, she worked at Dien May Xanh and went home later on.
- On March 7, 2020, patients carried on working at Dien May Xanh Supermarket from 07am to 3pm, then visited her mothers’ house for about 15-20 minutes before going back her home.
- At 06:30pm on March 7, the patient went to Danavi Mart supermarket (on Le Dinh Ly street) with her husband T.D.T (living in the same residence). At midnight, the patient showed symptoms of fatigue and mild fever.
- On March 8, patients suffered higher fever and could not go to work so she stayed at her residence. At 14 pm, the patient was transported to Da Nang Hospital by her brother-in-law T.D.T’ and diagnosed with acute bronchitis, medicine and received outpatient treatment.
- In the morning of March 9, the patient got information from the Internet about 02 British tourists infected with COVID-19. After that, the patient checked on the camera at the Supermarket and realized she had served those tourists. Therefore, at 4pm, the patient herself rode motorbike to the Lung Hospital and was recommended to self-monitor at home.
- At 5pm on 09/3/2020, the patient entered the Vinmart supermarket at 408 Hoang Dieu. At 6pm, the patient arrived home, then was visited by Hai Chau Medical Center and recommended to stay at the medical facility for isolation. The patient herself came to Lung Hospital at 9pm on the same day and was collected sample, quarantined and received treatment.
- At 4:30pm on March 10, the patient was transferred to the Isolation Area, Department of Tropical Medicine, Da Nang Hospital.
- Measures taken
- Investigating, making lists of close contact with patients at the house of her husband and her parents, at the workplace and at the medical examination and treatment facility.
- Notify local authorities, organize isolation of close contact mentioned above.
- Treatment of Chloramine B chemicals to prevent COVID-19 epidemic at Dien May Xanh supermarket, the house of patient’s husband and parents.
- Measures to be taken
- Directing the Department of Health to coordinate with the relevant units to continuously investigate all cases that have been in close contact with patients (F1), cases that have been in close contact with F1 to conduct isolation, supervision and close measures in accordance with regulations.
- Continuing to spray disinfectant Chloramine B to prevent COVID-19 epidemics at related places if necessary.
- Carry out propaganda for the people, to coordinate with the authorities, proactively declare truthfully for close contact with patients and other relevant cases, promptly apply measures of isolation and medical intervention as prescribed. When detecting close contact cases and places where patients have come between March 4, 2020 and March 10, 2020, please notify the authorities, via phone center of District Health Center.
It is suggested that people who have close contact with patient N, or have visited the above-mentioned places during the time of notice should actively monitor their health, in case of manifestations of fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. The nearest medical facility is available for inspection.
- UPDATED INFORMATION ON 02 BRITISH PATIENTS
From March 8, 2020, after receiving confirmed test results from the Pasteur Institute of Nha Trang for two British patients, the health sector of Da Nang city has implemented medical control and intervention activities, specifically:
- Investigate all close contacts of patients (F1), close contacts of F1 in the above-mentioned locations. Up to now (March 11, 2020), temporarily verified 119 people that have close contact with patients (F1).
- Up to March 11, 2020, samples of 55 F1 and 03 cases that have close contact with F1 (hereby F2) have been tested. The City Center for Disease Control is continuing to take samples for all remaining F1.
- It is expected that from March 11 to March 12, 2020, all F1 will be isolated at district health centers; Lung Hospital; Hospital 199 – Ministry of Public Security and Da Nang Hospital.
Information of the 35th case of Covid-19 and updated information on the two British people with Covid-19 in Da Nang city