On February 26, 2020, the Danang Tourism Department issued Document No. 195 / SDL-QLLH on the Coping with Covid-19 in tourism activities in Da Nang city
Following the Prime Minister’s direction at the Government’s Standing Committee to follow the report of the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 epidemic prevention and Directive No. 10 / CT-TTg dated 25/02/2020 by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on prevention of COVID-19,
Pursuant to the Ministry of Health’s Official Dispatch No. 868 / BYT-DP of February 24, 2002 guiding the isolation of people returning from Korea and Official Dispatch No. 75 / TCDL-LH of February 25, 2020 by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism on prevention of Covid-19,
Facing the complicated situation of the Covid-19 epidemic in Korea, to ensure the safety of the destination in Da Nang, to ensure the health of the people, tourists and keep the city tourism environment safe, Da Nang Department of Tourism requests directors of tourism businesses in the city to continue implementing strictly some of the following contents:
- For travel enterprises
– Temporarily stop the operation of tours to receive tourists coming from epidemic areas in Korea through direct flights between Korea – Da Nang, especially those coming from or leaving through the Daegu city area and the North Gyeongsang area (which includes receiving passengers from epidemic areas of Korea through domestic routes to Danang and individual travelers from the epidemic area of Korea book services through tour operators) from February 26, 2020 until the authorities can control the outbreak.
– For groups of tourists who have entered Da Nang before February 26, 2020, and are visiting the city, it is suggested that tour operators closely monitor the situation of tourists’ health, promptly coordinate with the Health Sector when detecting suspected cases of infection. At the same time, tourism businesses must deploy measures to prevent diseases for visitors such as equipping medical masks, antiseptic water …
– Informing Korean travel partners about the Prime Minister’s direction of implementing a 14-day quarantine measure for guests coming from or passing through Deagu and North Gyeongsang (South Korea) areas and guests or have a history of staying within the last 14 days (from the date of entry) in an epidemic area in Korea upon arrival in Danang City.
– For delegations who have entered Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, the companies must change the itinerary, and must not take guests to crowded places. At the same time, the tour groups strictly follow the epidemic prevention regulations of the host country. When returning to Vietnam, it is necessary to carry out isolation if requested by national agencies.
– Temporarily suspending the organization of tourists traveling to epidemic areas and regions with confirmed outbreaks in Japan, Italy and Iran from February 26, 2020 until national agencies announce full control of the epidemic.
– Do not receive guests from the countries underepidemic until national authorities announce the control of the epidemic. In case there is a tour that needs to be organized, the tour company requires the partner to provide information of guests, declare the activities of guests in 21 days before departure to Vietnam. Especially, when coming to Vietnam, tourists must comply with Vietnam’s regulations on prevention of epidemic, including quarantine according to regulations.
- For tourist accommodation establishments
– Continue to implement the Department of Tourism’s guidelines on epidemic prevention and control in Official Dispatch No. 110 / SDL-QLCSTL of February 7, 2020. Focus on checking visitor information and informing the Department of Tourism, Department of Health and District People’s Committee of all cases of entry from Korea, especially those coming from or passing Daegu City and North Gyeongsang who enter Vietnam from February 9, 2020 to conduct medical surveillance, monitor and promptly quarantine as instructed. At the same time continue to make medical declarations for all guests from or through Korea who are staying at the tourist accommodation and daily send this information to the People’s Committee of the district where the business is located to update and monitor.
– Proactively inform guests and tour operators of the requirement of a 14-day quarantine for guests coming from or passing through the Deagu area and North Gyeongsang area (South Korea) and guests with a history of stay within 14 days (from the date of entry) in epidemic areas in Korea when coming to Da Nang city for tourists to choose to stay or change itinerary to ensure the health of guests and the community. Temporarily do not accept booking of guests from regions where the epidemic has been identified in Korea since February 26, 2020 until the authorities notify that the epidemic has been controlled.
– For guests from countries where there are outbreaks or from Japan, Italy and Iran who have entered Vietnam, tourist accommodation establishments in cooperation with tour operators receiving passengers need to verify information in terms of guest health in the 21 days prior to arrival in Vietnam, determining the health of guests during the days in Vietnam, and providing this information to local authorities.
- For the supervision of cases of guests coming from or passing through Deagu city and North Gyeongsang area (South Korea) and China to carry out quarantine according to regulations.
– Tourism business enterprises coordinate with local authorities and police agencies to organize isolation at concentrated isolation establishments for people arriving from or through Deagu city and North Gyeongsang within 14 days from the date of entry in accordance with the Decision No. 344 / QD-BYT dated February 7, 2020 of the Ministry of Health guiding medical isolation at concentrated isolation facilities for prevention anti-epidemic Covid-19.
– Review and make a list of cases of entry from Korea, especially those coming from or passing through Deagu city and North Gyeongsang area who entered Vietnam within 14 days to notify local authorities and health agencies to carry out medical supervision and monitoring and timely quarantine according to regulations.
– Review and make a list of guests who are Vietnamese and foreigners coming from or passing China, or from China to other countries to enter Vietnam through border gates across the country and then to Da City Danang in less than 14 days to notify the competent authorities to monitor the health, organize isolation at home, residence or isolation facilities as prescribed.
- For the case of visitors to Danang from Vinh Phuc
– People coming from or passing through communes that have contracted the disease and have had secondary infections in the community (currently Son Loi commune, Binh Xuyen district, Vinh Phuc province): apply medical isolation measures in the city’s concentrated isolation facility within 14 days of leaving the affected provinces and secondary transmission in the community. For cases of symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, or pneumonia, please contact the local health authority to transfer to Da Nang Lung Hospital or 199 Hospital – Ministry of Public Security for isolation and treatment and sample testing. At the same time, they are required not to contact other people. In case of contact, apply preventive measures according to the instructions of the health sector such as wearing masks, keeping distance from people over 2m, frequently wash hands with soap or regular antiseptic.
– People from or through communes with a disease case but not yet infected in the community (communes: Quat Luu, Thien Ke, Gia Khanh town of Binh Xuyen district; Minh Quang commune of Tam Dao district; town Hoa Hop town of Tam Duong district, Vinh Phuc province) must declare and register temporary residence through the local authority of the destination or the place of residence and apply health monitoring measures at the residence within 14 days of leaving the communes. In case of suspicious symptoms, it is necessary to immediately notify the nearest local health agency to move to Da Nang Lung Hospital or 199 Hospital for isolation, timely treatment and sampling for testing. At the same time, they are required not to contact other people. In case of contact, apply preventive measures according to the instructions of the health sector such as wearing masks, keeping distance from people over 2m, frequently wash hands with soap or regular antiseptic.
– For people from communes without disease cases (in addition to the above communes of Vinh Phuc province), follow epidemic prevention measures like other localities in the country according to the guidelines and regulations issued by the Ministry of Health.
- For disease prevention and control
– Tourism service providers, hotels, tourist transportation companies, and tourist destinations in the city have to actively take measures to prevent and control Covid-19 diseases according to directions and guidance of the Department of Tourism and the Health Sector. Regularly clean the entire area, perform disinfection at units and vehicles for tourist transportation, ensuring safety for travelers and staff.
– Tourism service providers must carefully serve incoming delegations, strictly comply with the epidemic prevention regulations and absolutely not allow acts of discriminating against tourist nationalities in order to keep Da Nang friendly and hospitable tourism destination brand.
– Tourist accommodation establishments and tourist attractions will actively arrange isolation areas in order to promptly isolate cases of signs of suspected Covid-19 infection. At the same time, closely coordinate with the People’s Committees of Districts to implement isolation plans at the request of national agencies.
– Regularly monitor and update the situation of disease prevention and control in Da Nang city, which is posted on the website of Da Nang city (www.danang.gov.vn) and website Department of Health of Danang City (ww.soyte.danang.gov.vn).
– In case of detecting cases of infected travelers, please send information to the hotline of the Department of Health of Danang City, the Center for Disease Control of the City, the Health Center of the Districts, or the People’s Committee of the District where the business office is located for timely processing.
Da Nang Department of Tourism requests directors of tourism businesses in the city to seriously implement./.
- Leaders of Department of Health
Doctor Nguyen Tien Hong, Deputy Director, Department of Health, Phone 0905.141.567
- Leaders of Center for Disease Control
– Receive answers, advice on disease prevention and control measures: 0905.10.88.44
– Receiving and solving epidemic prevention and control issues in the community and hotel: Doctor Nguyen Hoa – Deputy Director, Phone: 0905.285.620
- District health centers
– Hai Chau District: Doctor Tran Minh Hoi – Head of Department of Disease Control and HIV / AIDS, Phone: 0905.136.762
– Son Tra District: Doctor Nguyen Van Quang – Head of Department of Disease Control and HIV / AIDS, Phone: 0903.586.568
– Ngu Hanh Son District: Doctor Nguyen Van Dung – Director of the District Health Center. Phone: 0935.854.656
– Thanh Khe District: Doctor Duong Thai Thu Hai – Deputy Director of District Health Center. Phone 0983.971.243.
– Cam Le District: Doctor Vo Van Ty – Head of Department of Disease Control and HIV / AIDS, Phone: 0905.325.589
– Lien Chieu District: MSc. Nguyen Van Khanh – Head of Department of Disease Control and HIV / AIDS, Phone: 0933.271.751
– Hoa Vang District: Doctor Nguyen Dai Vinh – Director of Hoa Vang District Health Center. Phone: 0905.129.975
DANANG DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM