On 9/2/2017, VNAT released document 110/TCDL-HTQT to Departments of Tourism and international tour operators, travel agencies, and hotels in Vietnam as regards piloting e-visa for international tourists to Vietnam.
The document states that the government has released Decision 07/2017/ND-CP with process and procedure of e-visa application for international tourists to Vietnam. The Decision will be effective in 2 years from 1/2/2017, attached by list of applicable nationalities. (website: www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn or www.immigration.gov.vn )
Accordingly, all the procedure can be done online. E-visa will be applicable for passport holders of listed countries, visiting Vietnam for tourism or business purposes.
Nationals from the following 40 countries can apply for E-Visa:
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- Timor Leste
List of 28 border gates for E-Visa:
- 08 international airports: International Noi Bai Airport, Tan Son Nhat, Cam Ranh, Danang, Cat Bi, Can Tho, Phu Quoc, Phu Bai.
- 13 land border gates: International Port Mong Cai/ Quang Ninh, Huu Nghi/Lang Son, Lao Cai/Lao Cai, Nam Can/Nghe An, Xa Mat/Tay Ninh, Tinh Bien/An Giang, Song Tien/An Giang, Ha Kien/Kien Giang.
- 07 sea ports: Hon Gai/Quang Ninh, Hai Phong/Hai Phong, Nha Trang/Khanh Hoa, Danang/Danang, Quy Nhon/Binh Dinh, Vung Tau/Ba Ria Vung Tau, Ho Chi Minh/Ho Chi Minh
Steps to apply for E-visa for foreigners residing outside Viet Nam
(Documents required: passport with a validity of at least 6 months, 4×6 cm digital straight-looking white-background photo without glasses.)
- Step 1: Access immigration.gov.vn to fill required information, upload the passport data page image and photo.
- Step 2: Recieve the document code and pay E-Visa fee.
- Step 3: Recieve the E-Visa or related information within 03 working days upon the submission of application and payment.
- Step 4: Use the document code to check the result and print the E-Visa
E-visa is convenient for applicants:
– The applicants do not have to apply in person.
– The applicants do not need a sponsor
– Processing time is 3 business days
– E-visa has a duration of 30 days and all fees are payable online.
– Immigration Vietnam can issue Vietnamese visa for international tourists without sponsorship from other authorities.