Implementing Official Letter No. 4869 / UBND-SYT dated 25/7/2020 of Da Nang People’s Committee on urgently implementing measures to prevent and control Covid-19, the Department of Tourism requests businesses in travel, transportation and tourist attractions within the city to focus on undergoing the following points:
- Implementing measures to prevent and control Covid-19
Request the Director of the travel business, transportation, tourist areas and related businesses to strictly implement the Prime Minister’s Directive No. 19 / CT-TTg of April 4, 2020 on carrying out the prevention of Covid-19 in the new situation from 13:00 on July 26, 2020 until further notice. Frequently wash hands with soap or an antiseptic solution; wear a face mask in public; keep a safe distance of at least 1 meter in conversation; do not gather more than 30 people in public places, outside the workplace, schools, and hospitals; improve vigilance and coordinate in notification with health authorities when detecting suspected cases to implement epidemic prevention and control measures, promptly organize sampling, isolation, zoning and application of health interventions, ensuring safety, preventing spread in the community.
- Regarding tour operators and travel agencies
– Temporarily suspend welcoming tourists to Da Nang (including customers who book online services) for 14 days from the date of July 26, 2020 until further notice to ensure safety for visitors, residents and community.
– For those who are still serving tourists, they shall carry out their services till the end of the journey and utilize measures to prevent and control Covid-19. It is a must to check guests’ body temperature, advise tourists to wear face masks, use antiseptic solution, wash hand regularly with soap during the whole journey.
– Request the tour guides to use masks in the course of serving guests, be responsible for closely monitoring the health status of visitors, promptly report to competent authorities when detecting cases showing suspicious signs of Covid-19 infection.
– Actively coordinate with service facilities and related units to assist tourists in canceling or converting service reservations at an appropriate time, ensuring the rights of both businesses and tourists.
– Regularly catch up the directions of the Prime Minister, the City People’s Committee and the Department of Tourism on the situation, the prevention and control of Covid-19 epidemic, update and exchange information for tourism business partners with respect to COVID-19 updates in Da Nang. Set up a hotline and assign staff support guests with latest information regarding COVID-19.
- Regarding transport enterprises (bus, coach, inland waterway tourist ships)
– Temporarily stop providing services for 14 days from the date of July 26, 2020 until further notice to ensure safety for tourists, citizens and the community.
– For businesses that are currently serving tourists, they shall carry out their services till the end of the itinerary and apply measures to prevent and control Covid-19.
– Before and after serving customers, clean and disinfect all means of transport, measure body temperature, equip face masks, disinfectant solution, and arrange hand washing area with soap (for waterway transport) and regularly remind travelers to use it on the entire itinerary.
– Bus drivers, train drivers and service personnel on inland waterway ships and boats serving tourists must fully comply with the regulations on epidemiological safety, wear face mask and regularly wash hands in the process of serving tourists.
– Set up a hotline and assign staff support guests with latest information regarding COVID-19.
- Regarding resorts and tourist spots in the city
– Temporarily suspend welcoming guests within 14 days starting from July 26, 2020 until further notice to ensure safety for tourists, citizens and the community.
– Equip a body temperature monitor, face masks, antiseptic solution or arrangw hand washing area with clean water and disinfect surfaces at the working areas and attractions.
– Publicize updates of COVID-19 to workers, visitors to prevent and control Covid-19 as prescribed. Measure body temperature, disinfect hands and require visitor and staff to wear face masks prior to visiting the site.
– Update latest information, monitor health and organize training measures to prevent and control Covid-19 for all staff at enterprises.
– Prepare isolation designated areas for guests when necessary; Equip personal protective outfits for employees. Set up a hotline and assign staff support guests with latest information regarding COVID-19.
The Department of Tourism requests directors of travel business enterprises, tourist areas in the city and relevant units to seriously implement the above-mentioned points./.
Danang Department of Tourism