Embroidery workshop by Pham Ngoc Tram Artist at Pullman Danang Beach Resort
Handmade embroidery has a 700 year of development in Vietnam and it is becoming a part of contemporary textile art.
The “Artist Playground” at Pullman Danang Beach Resort; part gallery, part studio but wholly unexpected and inspiring, is a new initiative intended to add elements of local interest, cultural intrigue and visual ingenuity to the hotel’s communal space.
In this exclusive program, we are delighted to welcome you to learn and experience handmade embroidery art with Pham Ngoc Tram artist. During the workshop, you will be provided the basic knowledge of Vietnamese embroidery culture, introduction of traditional hand stitch technique.
Participants then will be guided to create their own artwork within the theme of daily life of Hoi An and bring it back home to remind you a memorable experience with us.
Time: 18,22,25/03/2017 – From 15h00 to 18h00 at Pullman Danang Beach Resort
- 15:00 – 15:15: Introduction of Vietnamese Embroidery Culture
- 15:15 – 15:45: Instruction design concept and embroidery technique such as Vietnamese seedling stitch, stem stitch, French knot, long and short stitch and satin stitch…
- 15:45 – 16:00: Choosing thread colors design and learn how to start
- 16:00 – 16:30: Practice the art of embroidery
- 16:30 – 16:45: Tea break
- 16:45 – 17:45: Complete artwork
- VND 450,000 net / person ( Including materials and tea break)
Click here to find out more information http://bit.ly/2lK9i7e and book now on +84 0236 395 8888 or email to email@example.com
About the artist:
Pham Ngoc Tram is an independent embroidery artist, living in Hoi An. Graduated from Viet Nam National University of Fine Arts in 2006 and was trained in embroidery at Ecole Lesage in Paris in 2013, she established Meo Meo Atelier – a space specialized in hand embroidery in Hoi An. She has done numerous researches on textile art as well as embroidery techniques during personal trips or running workshops in France, Indian, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Thailand, Laos, etc… as well as is learning traditional embroideries from the master artisans across Vietnam.