Updates on the investigation, supervision and handing the 5th case of COVID-19 in Da Nang
Steering Committee for prevention and control of COVID-19 provides information on the investigation, supervision and handling with the 5th case of coronavirus in Da Nang city.
I. TEST RESULTS
1. Overall information
– Full name: TTO. Gender: Female
– Age: 24
– Job: Staff at a pub in Bangkok, Thailand
– Nationality: Vietnamese
– Address: Luong Hoi, Khanh Vinh Yen, Can Loc, Ha Tinh Province
2. Itinerary, immigration and process of quarantine
– The patient worked at a pub in Thailand and had been in close contact with plenty of locals and tourists there without surgical masks.
– On March 17, 2020, the patient came to the pub in Bangkok to visit a friend named N.T.H (permanent address at Nghi Thiet – Nghi Loc – Nghe An; this person has been isolated at Huong Son – Ha Tinh).
– On March 20, 2020, the patient took a cab to Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand then taking flight TG947 (seat 20D) at 11h00 to Da Nang at 12h20.
– At Da Nang International Airport, the patient underwent medical check, supervision and submitted medical declaration as applied for all passengers on entry to Vietnam.
– As regulated, all passengers entering Vietnam must carry out centralized quarantine. At 14h on March 20, 2020. The patient has been taken to National Defense Education Center – Military Region 5 (room number 17) and taken sample.
3. Test result
On March 22, 2020, Da Nang Center for Disease Control took the samples. The testing by Real-time-PCR method at 21h30 on March 22, 2020 showed positive result with SARS-CoV-2.
II. THE METHODS TAKEN
1. The process of receiving patients at the airport
– On March 20, 2020, after reckoning the flight number TG947 (the flight with the patient) would land from Thailand to Da Nang International Airport, Steering Committee for prevention and control of COVID-19 at the airport border gate, in coordination with the City Military Command, the quarantine force, prepared the conditions for medical inspection and supervision, and concentrated isolation of all passengers. There were a total of 150 people, including the crew (143 Vietnamese were isolated, 07 foreigners had returned Thailand).
– All passengers on the flight and staff on duty wore masks and protective clothing in accordance with regulations.
2. Implementing concentrated isolation
– Patients and all passengers on the flight wore masks when boarding the vehicle of Military Command to go to the National Defense Education Center – Military Region 5 for quarantine.
– When the patient and all passengers on the flight were taken to the Center for National Defense Education – Military Region 5, Hai Chau District Medical Center has collaborated with the Center for National Defense Education to conduct isolation for patients in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Health in Decision No. 878 / QD-BYT dated 12/3/2020 (allocating a separate area for all 143 new entry). All soldiers, officers, employees and drivers had protective clothing while being on duty.
– Patient was arranged in room 17 with 29 others.
– From the afternoon of March 20, 2020 to the morning of March 22, 2020, the patient stayed at the Center for National Defense Education, assuring the conditions of concentrated isolation according to regulations. All quarantine cases at the Center for National Defense Education wore masks and followed instructions to ensure safety and prevent cross-infection according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health at quarantine establishments.
– On March 22, 2020, the Center for Disease Control of the City conducted a sampling as prescribed for 63 people on March 20, 2020 on TG947 (including patients) who were isolated at the Center for National Defense Education.
– Test results:
+ 62 specimens were negative with SARS-CoV-2 (including 29 people in the same room with the patient).
+ 01 patient positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the above-mentioned patient)
4. Investigation, supervision, handling and medical intervention of cases in close contacts:
Immediately after receiving the test result of the patient at 21h30 on March 22, 2020, the Department of Health directed the City Disease Control Center and Hai Chau District Health Center to coordinate with Center of National Defense Education:
a) Isolate patients in a separate room to prevent patients in contact with other people in concentrated isolation facilities. Afterwards, transporting patients by ambulance to isolation area at Da Nang Hospital.
b) Create a list of people having close contact with the patient, including:
– 142 passengers on the same flight TG947 with the patient, specifically:
+ 08 females and 09 males sharing the same room (17 people in total) have close contact with the patient on the plane, on vehicles transporting to and at the Center for National Defense Education. They all have been transferred to quarantine facility at Hoa Vang District Medical Center.
+ 21 roommates of the patient and the remaining 104 people (a total of 125 people) on the flight TG947 with the patient: have been isolated in a concentrated facility as prescribed (under strict supervision) (Military police and health officials carry out daily health checks), restrict contact with people around them and going out if not necessary, apply protective measures and always wear masks.
c) Using chemical disinfectants in isolated area of the patient and relevant areas at the National Defense Education Center.
d) Currently, as of March 23, 2020, at the Center for National Defense Education – Military Region 5, there are 443 people under intensive medical isolation (including 17 people who have been transferred to quarantine area at the Health Center of Hoa Vang district). The Center for Disease Control of the city collected 62 samples which were negative for SARS-CoV-2 (as mentioned above). On March 23, 2020, the Center for Disease Control took samples to test all remaining 381 cases and is waiting for test results.
III. UPCOMING PLAN
1. Continue to review and investigate close contacts and other relevant cases in order to promptly apply medical isolation measures, test samples and other medical interventions.
2. Direct the City Disease Control Center and Hai Chau District Health Center in coordination with the City Military Command, Hoa Vang Medical Center and the concerned units closely monitor health of all cases having close contact with the patient, as well as ensuring that cases are being isolated in isolation facilities conducting quarantine under regulations.
3. Direct Da Nang Hospital to arrange adequate resources, focus on treatment, care and monitoring of the patient’ health.
4. Continuously spray bactericidal chemicals in isolated area of the patient and related zones at the National Defense Education Center.
According to https://soyte.danang.gov.vn/chi-tiet-tin-tuc?dinhdanh=56301&cat=0