Address: Hoang Sa – Truong Sa Street, Da Nang City
About: Stretching over 60 km from Hai Van Pass to Non Nuoc, Danang’s beaches specially with their white silky sand were voted 01 in 06 most luxurious beaches on planet by Forbes Magazine.
What to explore:
The City boasts numerous pristine beautiful beaches with bleached-white sand and crystal-clear blue water. They include Pham Van Dong, My Khe, Nam O, Xuan Thieu, Thanh Binh, Tien Sa, Son Tra, Bac My An and Non Nuoc beaches.
Local beaches are good for swimming all year round, but especially from May to August when the waves are gentle. On some of these beaches, lifeguard teams work from 5am to 8pm daily to ensure the safety of swimmers.
My Khe beach and Pham Van Dong beach are popular with both locals and visitors. Once listed in the US Forbes Magazine as one of the 6 most beautiful beaches in the world, it is an idyllic beach with smooth sand and a gentle slope. The beach has hotels, restaurants, drinks stalls, and other services which create favourable conditions for visitors to relax. There are also a number of high-end resorts nearby should you be in need of pampering, with most offering a rich choice of treatments at their spas and a range of dining options. In addition, seafood specialities including prawns, crabs, fish, and cuttlefish are sold in many of the small shops at reasonable prices. My Khe Beach is now seeing the development of other activities for visitors, such as fishing, water-skiing, diving and yachting.
How to get there:
The suggested vehicles to come to Pham Van Dong beach include motorbike, bike, taxi, car, cyclo.
By motorbike: If you are in the center of Da Nang City, you will pass through Han River Bridge and go straight on Pham Van Dong Street. Then you turn right on Vo Nguyen Giap Street to get there. It takes about 10 minutes by motorbike.
If you are in Hoi An City, it takes about 45 minutes to come to the beach. You go to the traffic light near An Bang beach first, then turn left, keep riding about 20 km along the An Bang beach to get there.
- Best walking area
- A crowded, but refreshing spot
- Love walkway and beach
- Amazing views, lovely stroll
- Perfect for a morning run
- Prices of vehicles parking, property keeping in lockers and freshwater bathing are clearly showed at the beaches.
- Only go swimming in the period of time that rescuer teams are available from 05:00 – 19:00 every day to ensure your safety.
- Enjoy cheap and delicious seafood cuisine in seafood restaurants along the beaches.
- From airport: 10km away, taxi recommended
- From train station: 7km away, go by taxi, motorbike
- From Hoi An ancient town: 30km away, go by taxi, motorbike