Thap Mam Altar
THAP MAM ALTAR
Thap Mam, Binh Dinh | 12th century | Sandstone | [BTC 228]
The Altar was excavated in 1934. Two lions and two Garuda birds are represented in a four-corner support position. The four sides of the altar sharing the same decoration patterns include three fragments: the top and the bottom express the spiral pattern in the shape of the flame, the middle consists of a row of 10 regular female breasts.
The female breast decoration expresses the femininity and affirms the role of the woman in a matriarchy. This is a common and typical decorative motif of Thap Mam style.
- Official website of Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture: chammuseum.vn
- Information points and annotations of artifacts at Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture.
- “Vibrancy in Stone – Masterpieces of the Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture”
- Information guidebook introducing 20 characteristic artifacts at Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture.
- Presentation of tourist destinations in Da Nang.
- Web portal of Da Nang city
DANANG CENTER FOR TOURISM PROMOTION