Thap Mam, Binh Dinh | 12th century | Sandstone | [BTC 222]
Dragon is the symbol of kingship in many Oriental countries. The statue may be a combination of a dragon and Makara, a mythological Hindu sea creature.
The dragon is in adoration, its front legs kneel forward, the hind legs are upwards, wide mouth holding a gem. The statue clearly reflects the cultural interference between Dai Viet and Champa.
- Official website of Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture: chammuseum.vn
- Information points and annotations of artifacts at Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture.
- “Vibrancy in Stone – Masterpieces of the Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture”
- Information guidebook introducing 20 characteristic artifacts at Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture.
- Presentation of tourist destinations in Da Nang.
- Web portal of Da Nang city
DANANG CENTER FOR TOURISM PROMOTION